DeCoste Writing Protocol
Google for Education
Learning is For Life
Dyslexia & Dysgraphia
Co:Writer has always had a test mode built in, but it recently got some impressive upgrades.
Why use Co:Writer for testing accommodations? We’re always methodical when we build something. This is no exception.
Here’s what we do:
• Setup/Management — Select your assessment from the drop-down menu in a centralized location and Co:Writer automatically adjusts over 35 features to comply with testing accommodation requirements for any number of selected users.
• Test Settings — A drop-down menu provides automatic settings adjustment to comply with state assessments.
• Student Settings – Co:Writer retains all student settings (colors, text size, fonts, number of guesses, text-to-speech voice, rate, pitch, etc.) and only restricts features disallowed on the chosen assessment.
• Installation — Co:Writer Test Mode is built into the same tool your students use throughout the year. No additional installation is required.
• Test Security — Co:Writer, in Test Mode, does not send any text outside of the secure writing environment—eliminating the risk of compromised security.
• Proof of Accommodation Use — Co:Writer data shows when the tool was issued to each student and usage data to prove it was used for the required time period leading up to the assessment.
Download (PDF) our decision-making guide to see if your Testing Accommodation Tools are really test-ready.
Already have Co:Writer? Download (PDF) our Co:Writer in Test Mode.
Here are the assessments we have set up (as of March 8, 2019). This is not meant to be an endorsement by any of these testing organizations. We did our research based on the policies and requirements publicly posted in the documentation for each assessment.
ACT ACT Aspire ACT QualityCore ACT WorkKeys ACT-Prediction – Word prediction only with Grammar Off AzMERRIT – Arizona’s Measurement of Educational Readiness to Inform Teaching
CMAS – Colorado Measures of Academic Success
CoAlt – Colorado Alternative Assessment Program
FSA – Florida Standards Assessment Georgia Milestones
I AM – Indiana’s Alternate Measure
IAR – Illinois Assessment of Readiness
ILEARN – Indiana’s Learning Evaluation Assessment Readiness Network
IREAD – Indiana Reading Evaluation and Determination
IREAD: Indiana Reading Evaluation and Determination
ISASP – Iowa Statewide Assessment of Student Progress
ISAT – Idaho Standards Achievement Test
ISTEP – Indiana Statewide Testing for Educational Progress K-PREP – Kentucky Performance Rating for Educational Progress KAP – Kansas Assessment Program LEAP – Louisiana Educational Assessment Program Louisiana End-of-Course Test
M-STEP – Michigan Student Test of Educational Progress MAP (MO) – Missouri Assessment Program MAP (MS) – Mississippi Assessment Program MCA – Minnesota Comprehensive Assessments MCAS – Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System MEA – Maine Educational Assessment Missouri End-of-Course Test Nevada End-of-Course Test New York State Assessments Regents Exams
NH SAS: New Hampshire Statewide Assessment System North Carolina End-of-Grade Test NSCAS – Nebraska Student-Centered Assessment System Ohio End-of-Course Test
OSAS – Oregon’s Statewide Assessment System OST – Ohio’s State Tests OSTP – Oklahoma School Testing Program PACE – Performance Assessment of Competency Education PARCC – Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers
PEAKS – Performance Evaluation for Alaska’s Schools Keystone Exams
Pennsylvania Keystone Exams PSAT – Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test PSSA – Pennsylvania System of School Assessment SAGE – Student Assessment of Growth and Excellence SAT – Scholastic Assessment Test SBAC – Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium SCReady – South Carolina College and Career Ready Assessments SOL – Standards of Learning SCECT – South Carolina End-of-Course Test STAAR-Spelling – Word Prediction, STT, Spell Check, and TTS STAAR-Transcribe – Word Processor & Speech-to-Text TCAP – Tennessee Comprehensive Assessment Program
WY-TOPP – Wyoming Test of Proficiency and Progress
For more information and to request a trial click here.