DeCoste Writing Protocol
Google for Education
Learning is For Life
Dyslexia & Dysgraphia
Over 35 features (including Topic Dictionaries, predict ahead, speech recognition, speech-to-text, and more…) are adjusted when you select your assessment (now supporting 50+ assessments). It’s already built into Co:Writer through our Google Chrome Extension and Google Chrome App. Check with your local regulations and authorities to confirm that Co:Writer can be used on your state assessment. States do not endorse specific products, and all of the work done to comply with state regulations were based on published requirements.
Why use Co:Writer for testing accommodations? We’re always methodical when we build something. This is no exception.
Here’s what we do:
• Setup/Management — Select your assessment from the drop-down menu in a centralized location and Co:Writer automatically adjusts over 35 features to comply with testing accommodation requirements for any number of selected users.
• Test Settings — A drop-down menu provides automatic settings adjustment to comply with state assessments.
• Student Settings – Co:Writer retains all student settings (colors, text size, fonts, number of guesses, text-to-speech voice, rate, pitch, etc.) and only restricts features disallowed on the chosen assessment.
• Installation — Co:Writer Test Mode is built into the same tool your students use throughout the year. No additional installation is required.
• Test Security — Co:Writer, in Test Mode, does not send any text outside of the secure writing environment—eliminating the risk of compromised security.
• Proof of Accommodation Use — Co:Writer data shows when the tool was issued to each student and usage data to prove it was used for the required time period leading up to the assessment.
Already have Co:Writer? Download (PDF) our Co:Writer in Test Mode.
For more information and to request a trial click here.