We know that engagement is a prerequisite for learning. But with all the changes learners (and our learning environments) have experienced in the past year and a half, we’re now facing new challenges to engagement, including:
- “Schoolwork” competing with TikTok, Reels, and Instagram
- Decreased time-on-task, motivation, and grit
- Strategies that once resonated are falling flat
Dr. Paula Kluth, consultant and author of over 15 books, including Universal Design Daily, has answers—using UDL principles that inspire and motivate learners across all learning styles, interests, and abilities.
In this webinar, Paula will break down UDL principles into bite-sized strategies that increase engagement, including:
- Incorporating topics of student interest through the use of surveys and offering choices
- Encouraging learners to share their own ideas and perspectives
- Providing daily opportunities for learners to develop skills like motivation, reflection, and self-assessment
- Differentiating learning activities with approaches that assimilate a broad range of learning styles and abilities (including using accessible tools like Co:Writer and Snap&Read)
We’ve had the honor of interviewing Paula, and found her to be a dynamic, warm, and enthusiastic professional, eager to share her wealth of knowledge.
Don’t miss the chance to soak in some of her brilliance!